Economic growth and trade competitiveness of countries
ECOCB/535 Competency 3 Assessment and Rubric Course Title:The Digital Economy Competency Assessment Title: World Economies ComparisonPresentation Assignment Directions The economic growth and tradecompetitiveness of countries can be influenced by the economic, political, andcultural development within the country. There are several countries that canbe compared to see how a successful economy’s decisions differed from aless-successful economy.
Step 1: Review the pairs of economies listed Venezuela vs.Saudi Arabia (world’s two largest sources of oil reserves) Compare similarities and differences betweenyour chosen countries/economies. Explain the following in a 1550 word paper:
· Country Comparison (weight 20%) Thoroughlycompares similarities and differences between chosen countries / economies andsuccessfully explain how their economic, political, and cultural developmentsince 1992 has influenced their economic growth and trade competitiveness
· Analysis (weight 20%) Thoroughly analyzedeconomic statistic/indicators of two chosen economies including the use oftables and/or graphs that clearly depict GDP per capita growth, inflation rate,unemployment rate, exports, and national government debt as a % of GDP overtime since 2009 for each chosen economy.
· Economic Growth (weight 20%) Thoroughlyevaluated the reasons why the economic growth of the two chosen economies /countries varied from a creative and innovative perspective. Clearly discusseshow international trade influenced the strength of each economy, as well as therole of value chains and value-added production.
· Value Added Trade Measures (weight 20%)Thoroughly analyzed how the failure to use value-added trade measures distortstrade statistics from a creative and innovative perspective.
· Comparative Advantage in World Trade (weight20%) Thoroughly examined more than 2 industries that have provided each economya comparative advantage in world trade.
Continue to Step 2: including graphs and tables, explain how theireconomic, political, and cultural development since 1992 has influenced theireconomic growth and trade competitiveness.
Copyright 2021 by University of Phoenix. All rightsreserved.