Racial contradictions Baldwin cites in his book and what segments of American society help facilitate the production of these inequalities.
Please address these questions in a well thought out minimum three page doubled spaced times new roman font essay. Make sure that you follow the format provided and answer all questions assigned. Please proofread your essay for grammar and spelling errors.
The American Civil Rights Movement impacted the lives of blacks in both the North and South. James Baldwin argued in his book The Fire Next Time that second class citizenship for black Americans is a stain on the United States of America’s image as a Christian nation which stands for all that is morally right in the free world. Using this statement as a basis or point of view from which to write an essay, discuss the racial contradictions Baldwin cites in his book and what segments of American society help facilitate the production of these inequalities. Also, discuss how this process effected his childhood and teenage years. Second, what leaders did he meet with, what are the topics of their discussions, and what were Baldwin’s impressions after? How were people of African descent beginning to experience freedom and how did they go about obtaining their rights during the 1960s? Last, in your estimation, what is the status of race relations in the United States and has there been real racial reconciliation among ethnic groups? Would you argue there is harmony and peace in our global community as it relates to racial and ethnic relations (How does this look now considering the current protest against police violence)?
Your Essay Should:
– Be a minimum of 3 pages (students aiming for a more detailed essay and higher grade will have much more).
– All questions posed through the prompt should be adequately addressed using information from the text.
– Please indicate page number using parenthetical citations for direct quotes. ex. (Baldwin, 8)
– Make sure that your answer is thoughtful, insightful and thorough.
– Make sure that you use your own original thoughts and do not cut and paste.
– *Make sure you use multiple examples from the book to support the points you want to make.*
– Make sure that you use as many examples (info) used in the book and two outside articles.
– THE SIMILARITY REPORT FOR THIS PAPER SHOULD NOT BE OVER 15 % ONE ATTACHED IN THE TURNITIN SYSTEM.
– Add a works cited page with the full citation of the book (use Chicago Manual of Style- search online for format- see link below)
*** Your paper will be evaluated based on the criteria above.***