Write an 8–10 page paper in which you evaluate the role and effectiveness of the Federal Reserve in stabilizing the economy since the 2007–2009 recession and its continued impact on the current state of the economy. In your paper:
1. Describe the ways in which the Federal Reserve adjusted money policy tools in response to the financial crisis of 2007–2009; assess the success or effectiveness of those adjustments.
2. Assess to what extent the financial crisis of 2007–2009 compromised the independence of the Federal Reserve.
3. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of using monetary policy versus fiscal policy when promoting economic activity and preserving price stability.
4. Describe one anticipated result or economic consequence of the Fed’s actions and the extent to which it actually occurred.
5. Describe one unintended consequence (such as economic, social, or political) of the Federal Reserve’s actions.
6. Use data from the Fed publications and other sources to support all of your positions. Cite at least four academic quality references.