This Paper requires students to research a particular ethnic subculture in American Society. Many students choose an ethnic group that they are familiar with and others choose one that they know very little about. Your research sources should be properly cited in accordance with M.L.A. or A.P.A. guidelines. (Marvin Library is quite helpful to students who are doing research and may be unsure of how to cite their sources). Your paper should include a “Works Cited” page and you should use at least four research sources.( This is important so if you are unfamiliar with proper citation either seek help from Marvin Library or go to this site: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ ) In addition to your research sources you may interview a family member, friend or representative of an organization. Interviews are completely optional so don’t feel stressed about doing one. Your paper should include the following:
PARTICAL GROUP :Mexican Americans and Puerto Ricans
book used RACIAL AND ETHNIC GROUPS by Richard T. Schaefer.
1. Why did you choose this particular group?
2. How did this ethnic subculture come to be a part of American Society?
3. Identify specific historical and social forces that have shaped the group’s experience in the United States.
4. Identify relevant demographic information pertaining to population trends. Where do most of the members of this ethnic subculture live? What percentage of the population are they?
5. What has the group contributed to our culturally pluralistic society?
6. What did you learn from this Paper?
2 hours ago
MUST BE ON AN ETHNIC SUBCULTURE